Welcome to my blog post about Elite Dangerous and an interesting discovery I made within the game! Recently I stumbled upon a unique phenomenon in the world of Elite Dangerous – Universal Cartographics belt clusters that pay zero. For those unfamiliar with the game, Elite Dangerous is a massive open-world space simulator that allows players to explore, trade, and fight their way through a beautiful and dangerous universe.
One of the most lucrative ways to earn credits in Elite Dangerous is through Universal Cartographics – a system in which players can scan and sell data on celestial bodies like planets, asteroids, and moons. But I discovered that there are belt clusters out there that, for whatever reason, do not pay out any credits despite being scannable. This means that players can scan these clusters all day and end up with nothing to show. It’s a strange phenomenon that I haven’t been able to find any explanations for yet.
However, with dozens of star systems and thousands of celestial bodies, it’s clear there is always something new to discover in Elite Dangerous. So, if you’re a fan of space exploration games, then I highly recommend giving Elite Dangerous a try. Who knows, maybe you’ll be the next one to stumble upon a strange and unexplainable phenomenon like the zero-paying belt clusters.
How to Find Belt Clusters in Elite Dangerous Universal Cartographics
If you’re an Elite Dangerous player looking to earn some extra credits, searching for Belt Clusters can be a great way. And the best news is that you can earn credits using Universal Cartographics to scan them without selling any mined resources.
Elite Dangerous Universal Cartographics Belt Clusters Pay Zero
1. Open your galaxy map by pressing 1 on your keyboard.
2. Filter it for extraction systems by clicking the drop-down menu on the top left and selecting Extraction.
3. Sort it by economy by clicking on the Economy tab at the top of the map.
4. Look for the Extraction (Low) economies marked with the icon of three green circles. These are the ideal systems because they are more likely to contain Belt Clusters.
5. Once you have arrived in an extraction system, head towards asteroid rings in this system. You can find the asteroid rings by targeting the planet and looking for the **Rings** tab in the Navigation panel.
6. Use the scanner to locate the Belt Clusters in the asteroid ring. From your ship, a Belt Cluster looks like a glowing ring in the asteroid ring and can be scanned with an FSS Scanner or Detailed Surface Scanner.
7. After scanning, sell the data to Universal Cartographics. You won’t get any extra credits for selling the resources you’ve mined, but you will earn credits for scanning the Belt Cluster.
Some Belt Clusters in Elite Dangerous Universal Cartographics pay zero credits, but most of them do pay and the more valuable Belt Clusters offer more rewards. Therefore, it’s worth researching before heading out to scan Belt Clusters to ensure you’re getting the best return for your time invested. Happy hunting!
Why Belt Clusters Are Worth the Effort
Exploring belt clusters may require additional effort, but the rewards are worth it. Elite Dangerous has various planetary rings, including metallic, rocky and icy rings. Belt clusters are concentrations of planetary rings around a central star known for their abundant resources and profitable mining opportunities. Here are some reasons why belt clusters in Elite Dangerous are worth the effort:
- Abundant Resources:Belt clusters contain various resources, including metals, minerals and organic materials. These resources can be obtained by mining asteroids found within the clusters.
- High Value Commodities: By mining and refining these resources, players can create high-value commodities that can be sold for a profit. These include materials used for engineering, such as arsenic, cadmium and chromium.
- Zero Cartographic Fees: Unlike other locations in Elite Dangerous, it’s completely free to map and sell data from belt clusters to Universal Cartographics. This means that all profits gained from mapping can be kept by the player, making it a great way to earn credits.
- Interesting Discoveries: When exploring belt clusters, players have the opportunity to discover new and interesting phenomena, including asteroid clusters, geological sites, and even rare bio-signatures.
- Challenging Gameplay: Maneuvering through asteroid fields and mining minerals while avoiding space hazards makes belt cluster exploration a challenging and thrilling experience.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a chance to make some good credits and have an exhilarating time in space, belt clusters in Elite Dangerous are definitely worth exploring. With abundant resources and high value commodities waiting to be mined, along with the chance to make a profit through Universal Cartographics with no fees, belt clusters are a great place to earn credits and discover new things.
Tips for Maximizing Your Profit from Belt Clusters
If you’re exploring the vast and varied universe of Elite Dangerous, you’ve likely stumbled upon belt clusters. These dense concentrations of asteroid fields offer a lucrative opportunity to mine valuable resources, but they can be a daunting prospect for those new to the game. Here are a few tips to help you maximize your profits from belt clusters:
1. Pick the Right System: Some systems offer belt clusters with better payouts than others. Check the Universal Cartographics database to find systems where belt clusters payout zero. These systems have less traffic in the belt clusters, reducing competition and increasing your chances of finding high-value asteroids.
2. Invest in Good Equipment: To get the most out of your time mining in belt clusters, invest in a good mining laser, prospector limpets, and collector limpets. The more efficient your equipment, the more asteroids you can mine in less time.
3. Go Deep: Don’t just stick to the surface asteroids, venture deeper into the belt cluster to find rarer and more valuable resources.
4. Watch Out for Pirates: Belt clusters are also a prime location for pirates looking to steal your hard-earned resources. Keep an eye on your radar and be ready to defend yourself.
With these tips in mind, you can confidently enter a belt cluster in Elite Dangerous and maximize your profits.